Here I sit down to write, and I can't think of any specific grace interruption to share. Today flew by like this:
- 5am wake-up call from Katherine - for me, not her. She fell asleep after a short snuggle. I was awake for the day.
- A quick visit to read and write at Starbucks where my friend works at such a crazy hour on Saturday mornings.
- Home by 7am to be with the family and do Saturday morning family things like breakfast, chores, play, etc.
- 10:30 trip to pick up bridesmaid dresses with friends and see the Bride at her fitting. (We got there late, so she just saw us in our dresses. They're cute as can be.)
- Got home at 1:30 to shove lunch in my face (I was so hungry, because I forgot to eat a snack. Silly.) and relieve Colin to do a little work.
- At 2:30 we set up a little lemonade stand for an hour down on the corner, something really important to Elizabeth today. It was a perfect day for it.
- We left at 3:45 to get to our nephew's birthday party that was at least 40 minutes away and started at 4. Oops. (Today's theme-word: late.)
- We partied and had a great time out in the great outdoors with family, friends, and yummy food. But as we were leaving my eyes started to itch and puff. I'm looking pretty awesome; Colin had to do the driving home.
- Naturally we arrived home at (or after) everyone's bedtimes, and Katherine still needed to eat something substantial, since she didn't really at the party. Thankfully the older two got ready for bed and helped with other things as needed, so the total chaotic pandemonium I was expecting did not come to pass. Yay!
- A little after 8pm we read a chapter of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and called it a night. Those kids fell asleep real quick!
And now, to breathe! Ahhhhhhh.
I suppose one thing I could say is that God has interrupted me by grace in the midst of a very busy month by saving me and our family from caving in, especially through how gracious Colin has been toward me being away doing things so frequently, (particularly on the weekends). Such a blessing.
That said, I am relieved to look at May and see more white space in the calendar!
Have a great Sunday and don't forget to get your name in for the give away.
Make sure to leave a comment letting me know how many entries to put you in for.