Things going on this week:
- Brian is transitioning from two naps to one.
- Elizabeth is working on giving up thumb sucking.
- Colin is laboring on the literature review chapter of his thesis.
- I am trying to figure out how to stay on top of life without going too crazy!
Things going on in my head:
- pondering taking sin more seriously via James 1:13-15 and Joshua 7
- initial planning phases of a Christmas Bible study/investigation for neighbors
- daily homeschooling tasks
- wondering how I'll ever keep up with chores
- facing the fact that we could only be here a few more months
- thinking about friendship
- needing time to process how life is the same & different since we started schooling at home
I'm sure there's more, but this is what comes to mind right now. I feel that the last couple of weeks have seen moments full of great thanksgiving, moments full of great confusion, moments full of great joy, moments full of great anger, moments full of great delight, moments full of great exhaustion, and moments of great energy, moments full of great jealously, moments full of great contentment. Life is full of ups and downs, isn't it? I'm grateful that God is constant in His love and faithfulness and that He does not change like shifting shadows. I'm more of the shifting shadow type ... good thing the world doesn't depend upon me!
i want to make a winds of change list too!!!ReplyDelete
1. isaac can zip his own zipper and reach a lot of light switches.
2. adam works on the front yard a lot.
3. i like to go to bed at 7:30 and pretend that chores aren't that big of a deal.
things that have been on my mind:
1. i wish i could become a yogi
2. i want to take isaac and adam to nyc at christmas to see the decorations and go to the top of the empire state buliding (i want to do this really bad)
3. teenagers are so silly and it's really fun to be dorky in front of them just to hear them groan.
4. life moves very quickly
5. i need new shampoo
6. i can't believe you let brian walk around with no pants like that on halloween....he's the cutest baby boy in the whole world and i mean it
Oooh, Michelle. I like your lists. I'd love to go to bed at 7:30 every night! It's nice to wake up refreshed. Do you?ReplyDelete
Should we do a crazy whirlwind trip to meet up in NYC over Christmas sometime? I'd love to be that spontaneous; like drive down in the morning and drive home at night. No, that sounds a little too crazy for my personality, maybe stay over one night. :)