I don't know where I got this idea; it was taught to me years before I had kids. It's a fun way to liven up breakfast; a little surprise for the wee ones!
What you need:
- cookie cutter
- pan & spatula
What you do:
1. Butter both sides of a piece of bread and cut a shape out of the middle with a cup or a cookie cutter.
2. Remove the center cut-out.
3. Place the bread ring into a preheated pan and crack an egg into the middle.
4. Flip it over when it seems cooked enough on one side (after about 2 minutes) and cook about a minute more.
5. Fry up the cut-outs. (This doesn't take long on a hot pan. If you have a larger pan, you can do it at the same time as the egg & bread - just don't burn 'em!)
6. Call your hungry kids to the table!
Serve with some juice or fruit, and you have a quick, entertaining, and balanced breakfast!
I was just saying this morning to the kids that we need more variety in our breakfasts. This looks lovely.ReplyDelete
Thanks for that!
Love, Anne x
I just thought of this the other day! I still love this - it turned out great as a blog post!ReplyDelete