Brian turned one on Sunday! He celebrated in style with friends and cake on the playground. We also had a party the week before in Pittsburgh, but I'll leave those photos for another post. (Speaking of which, I feel like this has been an intensely busy time worthy of many blog posts....but then I get so overwhelmed, I don't want to post.)
What's Brian up to these days?
- He babbles like he's talking. Seriously. It's really funny. He also loves to mimic sounds and noises that we make.
- His giggle is fabulous and easy to get with some tummy tickles...or even the "threat" of tickles.
- He cruises everywhere and even will venture 1 or 2 steps to get to things, but refuses to walk any distance yet. It's coming! He can really get going with a push toy. (After writing this earlier today, he was taking lots of steps between things!)
- He still really loves to eat, and eat, and eat. And he's even had the exiting post-1-year peanut butter and whole egg treats. The PB was a big hit. Honey's the next to come.
- He's weaned! His last nurse was Saturday morning. He doesn't seem to miss it. We weaned gradually, so he'd been at one feeding a week for a couple of weeks.
- The tantrums have begun and often consist of him throwing his upper body backwards, which is fine when he's in someone's arms ... not so much when he bashes his head on the floor. Natural consequence?!
- He loves climbing stairs, on the playground, and anything else he thinks he can conquer - and that list of things is growing.
Overall Brian continues to be a very happy and funny kid. Here's a photo for laughs and a video displaying his walking talent. A video of "real" walking will follow soon!