I am thankful for
- friends who are signed up to watch my kids over the next two weeks, so we can pack.
- family that so anxiously awaits us in Pittsburgh.
- upcoming final get-togethers with friends here.
- a husband that's available to help with packing and, more importantly, who loves me well.
- my kids, for bringing us joy and keeping us humble.
- the number of times tears have welled up in my eyes as I think about leaving Cambridge.
- warm weather and sunshine.
- air conditioning, when the sunshine gets a little too hot.
- our summer plans: DC for the 4th with good "old" Cambridge friends, a family reunion in WI, and a training weekend for me, alone.
- God's Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.*
- Sunday morning worship at CTK Cambridge.
- legs that work, so I can run.
- the saints who have gone before me.
- answered prayer.
I'm sure I could add more, but I want people to read this post!
My friend Kit has joined a "gratitude community" of people practicing thankfulness and keeping lists on their blogs and/or in a notebook. (Hi, Kit!) I think this is super cool, even though I haven't officially joined in the fun. As Kit will quickly tell you, practicing the discipline of thankfulness will change you.
What are you thankful for today?
*phrase borrowed from the Jesus Storybook Bible
Heather, I really really like your list. I also like that even when you've moved, we can still read each other's blogs and know that the other one is up and maybe online at ungodly hours of the morning.ReplyDelete
See you this morning!