Check out what the series is all about here.
Tomorrow puts us half way through the month, so let's use today for a review of what has been going on in this Encouragement series. The focus text of the series is Hebrews 10:19-25.
19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
So far, this is what we have covered:
- What is encouragement? I defined it as the action of giving someone support, confidence, or hope that is grounded in Christ and points them to Him
- All can encourage No matter who you are or what your situation, as a believer you are called to encourage others
- What if I need encouragement? Even as we commit to encourage others, we will experience times when we need to be encouraged. In these lonely times we move from simply knowing about God to meeting Him and having our needs met in Him. He loves each one of us.
- Discouraging circumstances This post provided some ideas for times that others particularly need encouragement, to get you on the look out for encouragement opportunities.
- Why encourage? We encourage one another because of what Christ has done for us as our Savior and High Priest. We are free to consider others!
- More reason to encourage Another reason to encourage is Jesus' second coming and the increase of trials that will come; we need encouragement to keep the faith in this harsh world.
- Encouragement Fuel Knowing the Word is a great way to be prepared to encourage at any time; Love God Greatly is a wonderful resource to learn Bible Study.
- Encouragement requirements In order to encourage one another we need to be meeting together and intentional in our interactions with one another.
- Who shall we encourage As believers we should always be ready to encourage others, but especially those within the body of believers.
- When and where to encourage Whenever and wherever we are we should encourage others, i.e. we need to develop and encouragement habit. The Father and the Spirit are our companions in the ministry.
That is where we have been! On Monday we will begin talking about HOW: how do we develop and encouragement mindset; how do we set up our lives to have space to encourage; how, practically, do we encourage in the day-to-day.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and we'll move on next week!