February is upon us. Around here that means we're starting to think about our youngest's birthday, which happens to fall on Valentine's day. Since she was born, Valentines day - a day I could focus on my husband and give him some much-deserved attention - is often overshadowed by celebrating her wonderful little life. While folding laundry this week, an idea came to mind that could remedy this problem: lead up to Valentines day by sharing with him one thing I love about him each day during the first two weeks of the month.
Coming up with ways to keep the romance alive when you've been married for a while can be challenging, can't it? Kids distract, work overwhelms, exhaustion overtakes, and our spouse does that little thing that really annoys us, and why don't they just stop it! ;) We must be creative and proactive to keep our till-death-do-us-partner in life at the forefront. Taking him or her for granted is far to easy, which is why I share this idea with you.
The Challenge, should you accept it:
- Spend some time thinking about your spouse: What attracted you to them? What are some of your favorite memories together? What do you love about them: looks, personality, behaviors, style, gifts, etc.?
- Make a list of fourteen things, (twenty-eight if you want to do the whole month), so you are ready to go.
- Starting on February 1, write them a note or whisper in their ear each day one thing that you love about them.
- Be prepared with a couple of reasons why you love that attribute of who they are - my husband always asks when I compliment him!
- Be prepared to find that you really do quite like that person who keeps you awake with their snoring at night!
There you are, then. Whatever you do to celebrate the marriage God has given you, I pray He would strengthen you to know how high, long, wide, and deep His love is for you in Christ. And may that love fill you to overflowing into the lives of others in your homes, workplaces, towns, and cities.
Love never fails.
1 Corinthians 3:18
Why not?? Great idea... Now.. i just have to find him at home and awake in the evening.. ha!!ReplyDelete