I am thankful for
- friends who are signed up to watch my kids over the next two weeks, so we can pack.
- family that so anxiously awaits us in Pittsburgh.
- upcoming final get-togethers with friends here.
- a husband that's available to help with packing and, more importantly, who loves me well.
- my kids, for bringing us joy and keeping us humble.
- the number of times tears have welled up in my eyes as I think about leaving Cambridge.
- warm weather and sunshine.
- air conditioning, when the sunshine gets a little too hot.
- our summer plans: DC for the 4th with good "old" Cambridge friends, a family reunion in WI, and a training weekend for me, alone.
- God's Never Stopping, Never Giving Up, Unbreaking, Always and Forever Love.*
- Sunday morning worship at CTK Cambridge.
- legs that work, so I can run.
- the saints who have gone before me.
- answered prayer.
I'm sure I could add more, but I want people to read this post!
My friend Kit has joined a "gratitude community" of people practicing thankfulness and keeping lists on their blogs and/or in a notebook. (Hi, Kit!) I think this is super cool, even though I haven't officially joined in the fun. As Kit will quickly tell you, practicing the discipline of thankfulness will change you.
What are you thankful for today?
*phrase borrowed from the Jesus Storybook Bible